This private canyoning adventure is truly one of the most unique experiences you can join on your trip to Iceland.
Ice Guardians operates Iceland’s first and only canyoning trips. And on a private adventure, we cater everything to your group.
We provide this one-of-a-kind experience in Vatnajökull National Park, southeast Iceland.
Does this sound like your kind of adventure? For more information about private canyoning in Vatnajökull National Park, please get in touch with any questions you may have.
Your private canyoning adventure in Iceland starts with meeting your guides on location.
Your group will then get geared up before listening to a safety briefing.
We then set off through nurseries of trees planted by the local members of the Forestry Association of Austur-Skaftafellinga.
As we progress, you’ll get a fascinating insight into what it was once like to be a farmer in the shadow of Vatnajökull, Europe’s largest ice cap.
This trip is designed for people who can move with ease for half a day, including swimming confidently in the water and walking on uneven trails.
On the day, your guide(s) will demonstrate the techniques required to safely get down the canyon. You will also practise these before trying them for the first time.
You do NOT need canyoning experience for this experience.
We can accommodate groups with a maximum of eight people.
Come canyoning with us and we’ll make sure you have an incredible story to tell everyone back home.
Do you have any questions about private canyoning in Iceland? Please feel free to get in touch for all the information you need.
For more adventure inspiration in and around Vatnajökull National Park, browse our range of Iceland hiking and glacier trips and courses.
How difficult is the trip?
– We have given this experience a difficulty rating of 2 out of 5. Visit our FAQs page for more information about this.
– You must declare any medical conditions to your guide(s) that could or will affect your trip. If you are unsure about this, please send us a message using the chat function or email email@example.com
How many people can I have in my group?
– The perfect guest-to-guide ratio is 8:2
– For more than 8 people, please get in touch for an updated price quote at firstname.lastname@example.org
– All guests must be aged 12 or over (our guides have the right to ask for ID)
What do I need to bring?
– Bring a swimsuit/fitted sports t-shirt/underwear and a thick pair of socks that can get wet
– You will need dry clothes and a towel for after the trip
– An action camera or mobile phone in a waterproof case is a great way to capture memories
Bookings are non-refundable. All sales are final.