At Ice Guardians, we’re proud to operate Iceland’s first and only canyoning trips. That means this private adventure is truly one of the most unique experiences here in the Land of Fire and Ice. And because this is a private excursion, we cater everything to your group.
Our one-of-a-kind Iceland canyoning experience takes place a short distance from Vatnajökull National Park, southeast Iceland.
Here, we’ll spend half a day moving down a river canyon using a variety of safe techniques, such as:
Does this sound like your kind of adventure? For more information about private canyoning in Iceland, please get in touch with any questions you may have.
If you’re new to the incredible world of canyoning, read our introductory guide What Exactly is Canyoning?
And for more adventure inspiration, browse our range of exciting Iceland outdoor activities and courses.
Your private canyoning in Iceland starts with meeting your guides on location. Here, your group will gear up before listening to a safety briefing. We then set off through nurseries of trees planted by the local Forestry Association of Austur-Skaftafellinga.
As we hike, you’ll get a fascinating insight into what it was like being a farmer in the shadow of Europe’s largest ice cap by volume — Vatnajökull.
We have designed this trip for people who can move actively with ease for half a day. That includes swimming confidently in the water and walking on uneven trails.
Your guide(s) will always demonstrate the techniques required to safely get down the canyon, and you will practise these before trying them for the first time.
For complete peace of mind, you do NOT need canyoning experience to join this excursion.
We can accommodate groups with a maximum of eight people.
Do you have any questions about private canyoning in Iceland? Please feel free to get in touch for the answers you need.
How difficult is the trip?
– We have given this experience a difficulty rating of 2 out of 5. Visit our FAQs page for more information about this.
– You must declare any medical conditions to your guide(s) that could or will affect your trip. If you are unsure about this, please send us a message using the chat function or email firstname.lastname@example.org
How many people can I have in my group?
– The perfect guest-to-guide ratio is 8:2
– For more than 8 people, please get in touch for an updated price quote at email@example.com
– All guests must be aged 12 or over (our guides have the right to ask for ID)
What do I need to bring?
– Bring a swimsuit/fitted sports t-shirt/underwear and a thick pair of socks that can get wet
– You will need dry clothes and a towel for after the trip
– An action camera or mobile phone in a waterproof case is a great way to capture memories
Bookings are non-refundable. All sales are final.